Duo Harpverk was formed in 2007 by harpist Katie Buckley and percussionist Frank Aarnink. The duo’s intention is to commission and perform music for harp and percussion. Since beginning they have commissioned over 80 pieces from composers in Iceland and all over the world. (see works list for a complete list of commissioned pieces performed by Duo Harpverk.)
Although they have many works from more experienced composers, the main focus of Harpverk is to commission and perform the music of both young Icelandic composers and young composers worldwide. Harpverk has performed at the Listahátið in 2012/2014, Tectonics Festival in 2013, Dark Music Days Festival 2007- 2012, the 2009 Iceland Airwaves festival with Ísafold ensemble, Kírkjulistahátið 2010, Ung Nordic Music Days 2007, 100 year birthday festival of Hafnarfjörð 2008, Sólheimar summer concert series 2008, and several concerts on the 15:15 music series at the Nordic House. They have toured Denmark, the Netherlands and the Faroe Islands and taken part in the Danish OpenDays festival, the Icelandic Music Days in Amsterdam, and the Summartónar Festival in the Faroe Islands (2012, 2014). They performed in Washington D.C.‘s Kennedy Center in March 2013 as a part of the Nordic Cool Festival. In June of 2015 they will premiere Stewart Copeland’s Poltroons in Paradise with the Iceland Symphony Orchestra.
Harpverk released their first CD, The Greenhouse Sessions, in April 2012. It is available on bandcamp (duoharpverk.bandcamp.com) itunes, and amazon and CD’s are available from Frank or Katie, music stores around Reykjavik, The Atlanta Harp Center and Broekmans en van Poppel in Amsterdam. The Duo released their second CD, Offshoots, in October, 2014. It is also available in music stores around Reykjavik, bandcamp (duoharpverk.bandcamp.com), itunes, or you can contact Frank or Katie directly to order a copy from them.
+354 849 7090
katie (at) duoharpverk (dot) com
+354 848 3864
frank (at) duoharpverk (dot) com
- Jörgen and us
- New album by Gunnar
- This Week
- Nature Morte
- 22 March 2020
- Start of 2020
- Concerts coming up!
- Duo Harpverk and Hljómeyki
- Birthday concert!
- Also in the news…
- Duo Harpverk at NJORD Biennale
- Nathan Hall’s Earth Sea Sky
- Happy Holidays from Duo Harpverk
- Duo Harpverk on 15:15
- Oliver Kentish wrote us a concerto!!
- Annual Cafe Rosenberg Bash And Duo Harpverk plays Nathan Hall
- Duo Harpverk Summer Time New Music
- Stewart Copeland’s “Poltroons in Paradise”
- Duo Harpverk miniature works concert
- Duo Harpverk playing at Museum Night!
- Thanks for a great concert!!
- There’s a first time for everything!
- Family Tree Concert
- Anna Thorvaldsdóttir Aerial
- Offshoots is out!!
- Duo Harpverk is releasing our second CD!
- Duo Harpverk performed Áskell Másson at Hannesarholt
- Thank you for a great Summartónar!
- Faroe Islands Tour!
- Second album coming soon!!
- Check us out at Mengi
- And we’re back! Reykjavik Arts Festival here we come!
- See you in May!
- A night at Hjólmskálinn
- Family Tree Concert
- Duo Harpverk at Stúdíó Sýrland for Airwaves
- Kex a gogo
- Duo Harpverk at Rosenberg 2013
- Kennedy Center Replay
- Duo Harpverk and Listaháskóli íslands
- Duo Harpverk at Tectonics
- Duo Harpverk and Elektra Ensemble
- Duo Harpverk in Washington D.C.
- HARPVERK AT ROSENBERG
- THANK YOU FAROE ISLANDS!!
- SUMMARTÓNAR MUSIC FESTIVAL IN THE FAROE ISLANDS